If your attorney dropped your case without thoroughly explaining the reasons, you should call another attorney to look into it. There might be very good reasons why your case cannot continue, but sometimes an attorney drops a case because he discovers that he does not have the expertise or resources necessary to handle the case, and never should have taken it in the first place. So, if you are wondering, “What can I do if my attorney dropped my case,?” here are some answers.
COMMON VALID REASONS FOR AN ATTORNEY TO DROP A CASE
- The evidence reveals that the accident was not caused by a negligent party.
- There is a credible witness that says the accident is mostly your fault (ie; you went through the light)
- There is a video showing that the accident is your fault, etc.
- In a traffic accident, you did not meet the standard for “serious injury”
WHEN YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL ANOTHER ATTORNEY IF YOUR CASE IS DROPPED?
- Letter or e-mail arrives dropping the case with no explanation – and your attorney does not provide a good one.
- Medical Malpractice – the Statute of Limitations is short, and the attorney drops your case right before a large investment for experts is necessary.
- Case Against the City of New York – short deadlines for filing, the attorney may not have enough experience with cases against The City.
WHAT CAN I DO IF MY ATTORNEY DROPPED MY CASE?
Instead of just wondering, “What can I do if my attorney dropped my case,?” get a second opinion. If your attorney dropped your case, we might be able to help you. In our 60 years of practice, we’ve taken on many cases that other attorneys have turned away, helping people get justice.
Our Accident Lawyer Blog
Here you will find a wealth of useful information for victims of negligence, property owners, and safety buffs. Negligence is carelessness, and when that carelessness causes an injury, a cause of action for compensation can arise. Learn what you can for yourself and when an accident lawyer can help you. We respond quickly to all comments, and will gladly take your phone call if you have any questions. Our phone is answered by a real live human being who will let you know when an attorney is available to speak to you, not just bleep you over to voicemail. (Occasionally, if we are very, very busy, our voicemail might pick up, but we’ll call you right back.)
Learn how a top accident lawyer can show compassion for your situation and clearly explain all the options. Please explore our blog and feel free to CONTACT US.