What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you are wondering “what should I do after a car accident,?” here are some simple steps:
- Check the medical condition for yourself and all occupants of the vehicle.
- Call 911.
- Use your phone to take a photo of the other driver’s identification, insurance information and phone number.
- Get the names and numbers for witnesses, if any.
- Take pictures of the scene and both vehicles.
- Take the ambulance to the hospital with all occupants.
- Call Wittenstein & Wittenstein at 718-261-8114. It’s a good idea to keep your lawyer’s card in your wallet in case you have an accident.
At Wittenstein & Wittenstein we are experienced in handling all types of Traffic Accidents: Drivers and Passengers, Taxi, Uber and Lyft Drivers and Passengers, Pedestrians, Bicyclists, Motorcycles, Trucks, Boats, Planes, Busses, etc.
We Serve all of NYC – Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, The Bronx and Staten Island, plus Nassau County, Long Island and Westchester.