QUEENS BACK INJURIES ATTORNEYS
The back and spinal cord and complicated and important structures of bones, ligaments, muscles, joints and nerves. Back injuries can cause pain that is so severe that it’s difficult to move around and to enjoy normal activities. Back injuries can be caused by the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Accidents in nursing homes
- Workplace accidents (i.e. heavy lifting, overexertion, repetitive lifting or bending motions)
FOREST HILLS, QUEENS BACK INJURIES ATTORNEYS
If your back injuries were caused by somebody else’s negligence or recklessness, you have a right to sue for compensation. It is important that you consult with an experienced Queens back injuries attorneys as soon as possible to find out if your claim meets the standards for New York Law.
The talented team of Queens personal injury lawyers at Wittentein & Wittenstein has been helping people get the compensation they deserve for more than 60 years. We’ve helped thousands of injuries people collect settlement and verdicts. If you are suffering from back injuries our Queens Back Injuries Attorneys know just what to do to get you the compensation you deserve.
Typical Back Injuries Caused by Accidents
- Sprains and strains (whiplash)
- Bulging discs
- Herniated discs
- Fractured vertebrae
- Spinal cord damage
If you experience pain in your back after an accident, it is very important to get medical treatment and diagnostic tests such as MRI’s to better understand the injury and get appropriate treatment.
Spinal Cord Injuries
If the pain is very severe, seek medical attention immediately. Prompt attention might prevent serious long term problems such as:
- Loss of sensation and numbness
- Loss of the ability to move all or part of your body below the spinal cord injury
- Loss of control over bladder or bowel functions
- Changes to or loss of sexual function
- Difficulty breathing or coughing
A “disc” is a cushion separating the spinal vertabrae. They have a hard outer shell and a center that is gelatinous. Their purpose to is absorb shock and to make your spine flexible. A disc is “herniated” when the exterior is cracked and the gel is leaking out. A herniated disc can easily be diagnosed with an MRI, but not an X-ray.
Some symptoms of a herniated disc:
- Pain radiating to arms and legs
- Numbness or tingling radiating tgo arms and legs
- Weakness in muscles near the spine
Fractures of the Vertebrae
Fractures of the spinal vertebrae are most common in the thoracic mid-back or the lumbar low-back. They are usually caused by high impact trauma such as a traffic accident or fall.
Symptoms to watch out for:
- Severe pain in the mid or low back
- Severe pain with movement.
- Sudden onset of back pain that is very severe.
- Limited mobility.
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in limbs.
If you have an injury to the spine, you need both great doctors and great lawyers. At Wittenstein & Wittenstein, we’ve been helping victims collect the compensation they deserve for spinal injuries. Call us for a free consultation at 718-261-8114