If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, make sure you hire an experienced NYC Truck Accident Attorney. Truck Accidents are complicated as they involve Workers Compensation and Commercial Insurance Policies that a general practice attorney or general personal injury attorney may not have enough experience with truck accidents.
Right after a Truck Accident, you should:
- Get out of the truck if you possibly can, as trucks can catch fire or explode after an accident.
- Call 911 and make sure you are taken from the scene to a hospital to be checked out.
- While you are waiting for the police and ambulance, take photos and video of all involved vehicles and persons.
- Contact a NYC Truck Accident for immediate advice specific to your situation.
Some Causes of Truck Accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Taking selfies while driving
- Drinking and driving
- Arguments while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Following too closely
How much can you collect?
An attorney that claims to know how much your case is worth right after an accident is lying. There is a great deal of investigation necessary to determine liability and insurance coverage. It is also not possible to know how quickly your injuries will heal, how long you will be out of work and if you will have any permanent injuries. An experienced NYC Truck Accident Attorney will keep you informed about your case without making phony promises.
What Other Specialties do Personal Injury Attorneys Have?
Another important Personal Injury specialties is for children’s injuries. A caring and experienced Queens Child Injury Attorney will know just how to maximize recovery for your child’s injuries, and also how to help your child cope with the trauma. There are many causes of action such as “Attractive Nuisance,” which protect children from being lured into dangerous areas that they might find appealing, such as unfenced swimming pools.
There are also Personal Injury Attorney specialties for specific types of injuries. For example, a Queens Brain Injuries Attorney will be knowledgeable about brain injuries – causes, treatment and prognosis. This type of specialist might have a medical background or have doctors or nurses on staff.
Before you hire a NYC Truck Accident Attorney, Queens Child Injuries Attorney or Queens Brain Injuries Attorney, make sure they are experienced in this area. It is equally important to be sure the law firm is well established and has a good reputation. This experience will be important for:
- Collection of evidence- A thorough investigation is the roadmap for the case. The proper evidence is discovered and collected, so that the case can be built in a strong way.
- The skill of settlement- Since most cases do not go to trial, the ability to negotiate a settlement is something important to look for in your attorney.
- Communication- A well-staffed office with attorneys and paralegals that can keep you up to date with your matter will also be important for the success of your case.
All personal injury attorneys are not the same. Make sure you have the right specialist for your type of case and that you have a solid law firm with resources and good staffing.