Construction Accidents are becoming more frequent as laws and regulations protecting workers are being abolished so that real estate developers can put more money in their pockets. Sadly, this is causing an increase in the rate of accidents, with serious injuries and fatalities increasing. If you have been the victim of a construction accident, here are the reasons to hire a construction accident attorney:
- Get Workers Compensation Benefits Quickly – an experienced construction accident attorney will know how to process your claim quickly so money is coming into your family as soon as possible.
- Investigation of All Exceptions to Workers Compensation that May Allow You to Sue Your Employer – New York State does not allow employees to sue their employers, but there are many exceptions that often apply to construction accidents such as “grave injuries,” falling from a height and failure to employ certain safety standards.
- Investigate Applicable Product Liability Claims – If the accident was caused, even partially, by malfunctioning equipment, the manufacturer of the equipment can be held liable.
- Investigate Third-Parties – There are often employees of other companies working on a site that may have contributed to the accident.
- Public Policy – Trump era deregulation is abolishing laws and regulations that protect worker safety, causing serious injuries and fatalities among construction workers to skyrocket. Making a claim will hold employers accountable, and could reduce future accidents.
- Peace of Mind – Knowing that you have top lawyers at your side will allow you to focus on your recovery/
- Money Can’t Buy Happiness, but it Can Help – Collecting a substantial amount of money will help you to rebuild your life financially after the accident.