SPORTS INJURIES LAWYER
- When you play sports you “assume the risk” that you may be injured by the “inherent risks of the sport.” A sports injuries lawyer can explain how this relates to your particular sport.
- In order to sue for a sports injuries, it is necessary to prove that somebody else’s negligence or recklessness caused the injury. An experienced sports injuries lawyer will know right away based on the facts at hand.
- For children, it could be that the coach, school or camp did not provide proper safety equipment, this claim would be more difficult for an adult, who would have to prove that they were not aware of the need for the equipment.
- Improper supervision is a claim for a child, but not an adult.
- For beginners of a sport at any age, lack of safety advice and improper coaching can give rise to a claim. A sports injuries lawyer knows what types of advice and coaching are appropriate for various sports.
- A manufacturing defect in safety can give rise to a claim for product liability for a child or an adult. An experienced sports injuries lawyer can research recalls and defects in equipment for you.
- Premises liability rests with owners of sporting fields and schools, who are liable for unsafe playing areas and for the conduct of their staff.
If you suspect that your sports injury may have been caused by negligence or recklessness, a free consultation with a sports injuries lawyer will help you sort this out. At Sports Injuries Lawyer, Wittenstein & Wittenstein, we’ve been helping injured people for more than 60 years. Please don’t hesitate to call if you think you might have a claim.