When a vehicle crashes into the side of another car, this collision is called a side- impact car accidents/collision. It may increase the vehicle occupants’ risk of suffering severe injuries or even death. The way an accident happens is important in determining liability, and also for showing causation of the injuries claimed. That’s why it’s important to understand the logistics of side-impact collisions.
You will also know where to find the best of Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, and Queens Car Accident Attorney. There are many people who get injured due to such car accidents every year. Some of them suffer from minor injuries and recover soon. But there are many who suffer more serious injuries like broken legs, spine injuries, traumatic brain injuries and disfigurement. If you or somebody you know has been injured in an accident, they should hire the most experienced Car Accident Attorney so that their case is handled properly and they can receive the highest possible settlement or verdict.
Causes of Side-Impact Collisions:
There are a number of causes of side- impact collisions. They are divided into three basic categories:
- Same-direction sideswipes: This happens when one driver makes an inappropriate turn or tries to change lanes without looking. The offending driver strikes the car without ever traveling next to it.
- Opposite direction sideswipes: This situation occurs when one vehicle crosses the centre line and strikes the side of another vehicle. It arises when two vehicles are traveling in opposite directions.
- Right-angle collisions: Also known as “T-bone” accident, this accident occurs when two vehicles approach each other from non-opposing directions and crash. It can cause significant damage to drivers and passengers.
Injuries Resulting from A Side-Impact Collision:
The side of a vehicle does not have the same level of impact absorption as the front and rear do. This is the reason why a Queens Car Accident Attorney might tell you that a side- impact collision cause injuries to the head, chest, abdomen, and pelvis, including:
- Diaphragm injuries
- Pelvic fractures
- L-spine injuries
- C-spine injuries
- Rib fractures
- Damaged aorta or pulmonary vessels
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lacerations to the head and neck
- Lung punctures and contusions
- Femur fractures
Who is at fault for a side-impact collision?
The fault of the accidents depends upon each driver’s actions during the accident that cause of the collision. For example, a right-angle side-impact collision occurs when one vehicle neglects to stop at a red light or stop sign and strikes another vehicle as a result. It might also be caused because one of the drivers was speeding.
Time to sum up:
Wittenstein & Wittenstein is one of the well-established and experienced law firms in Queens. It’s known as a firm that never hesitates to go the extra mile to fight for justice. They are also known as the best Queens Malpractice Attorney, so if you suspect that a medical professional has done something wrong, and you are suffering as a result, you can contact Wittenstein & Wittenstein for a free consultation. For generations, Wittenstein & Wittenstein has been the top Queens Car Accident Attorney and Queens Medical Malpractice Attorney, serving Queens, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island and Long Island. Clients call Wittenstein & Wittenstein when other firms drag their heels or drop their case. Why not call us first?